Hey girls, so in my previous post I mentioned how I collaborated with Tobi to bring you all three lovely summer dresses and the first one was so well received especially on my instagram. So here I have the second one. A more casual option for a day in the park or a BBQ, this cut-out number does the trick! You can find the direct link at the end of this post. Besides the dress, I’ve been feeling really positive lately, so I have decided to share the ten things I do in order to live a stress free/happier life.
- Talk about your problems.
- Talk to a close friend, a family member or even a stranger. Just let it out with no pressure. Pressure bursts pipes. I’ve sometimes shared things with a stranger that I’ve never shared with anyone else and in the moment, said stranger offered me sound advice and just like that, I never saw the person again. It was great, honestly.
- Watch a TV show or a movie.
- I love a good TV show. If you know me, then you know this. There’s a difference between watching trash TV and watching well scripted acting. My recommendations are as follows: Sense 8, Prison Break, Greys Anatomy, Game of Thrones and Desperate Housewives. (If I listed all the shows I watch you would all think I have no life. Feel free to leave me comments of your picks though)
- I have always been into sports and fitness from a young age. From track and field and ballet in primary school, gymnastics and competing at cheerleading tournaments at university. However, I never stepped foot inside and actual gym until August 2016. I now love weight training, growing muscle and keeping fit.
- I love food. Anyone that knows me knows this. I would rather go out for a meal than go out for drinks. When my friends say ‘Let’s go for drinks’ my follow up question will be ‘Do they do small plates? Any nibbles and I don’t mean nuts and other dry foods.’ Which is why, ‘Let’s go for a meal’ is more appealing to me. With a meal, you can always order cocktails but the other way around, is never guaranteed. Eat healthily, but not to the point where you are so strict on yourself that you can’t enjoy life’s little pleasures. Apart from my life and that of my family, I am honestly grateful that I am able to eat 3 square meals a day.
- Get some sleep.
- Sleeping is paramount to our well being in general. Whenever I sleep I wake up feeling less angry/upset about whatever was bothering me to begin with.
- Listen to music/dance.
- Honestly, listening to music makes me forget about my worries. It goes hand in hand with dancing, because dancing makes me feel so good. Whether you’re dancing around in your underwear or you going out with friends, definitely listen to music and let loose once in a while. It is incredibly freeing, honestly.
- Reading takes you to a place that even movies and shows cant. There are novels that I’ve read in the past that made me cry because I knew I had only a couple pages left and then novels that were so informative that I had to take notes at every few sentences. The book I’m currently reading is called You Are A Badass. I can’t recommend it anymore.
- Cut out negativity from your life.
- Negativity comes in different forms, but the most popular seems to be in human form. Removing people who aren’t there for you, who don’t uplift you, who undermine you and who generally don’t have you back is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Have a good group of friends that you can go to for advice and good conversation, but remove anyone else who causes you to overthink situations and overthink the friendship itself. Let them go!
So there you have it, 10 things that I believe will relieve any stresses you may have and help you lead a happier life. Don’t forget you can get my dress on the Tobi website at a discounted price. Link below! Leave me a comment and let me know how you relieve stress. Xx
ZARA Faux Fur Sliders, similar here